Friday 19 December 2014

Super Simple Mince Pies - Recipe

When it comes to mince pies, I can't get enough of them. As much as I'd like to make my own completely from scratch, it's just so expensive to buy all of the ingredients when you can just buy a 6 pack of mince pies for 99p. I personally think this is the next best thing. These mince pies are so easy to make and eating them fresh out of the oven is the BEST.

Mince Pie Recipe 
This recipe uses just 3 ingredients. Mincemeat, ready rolled shortcrust pastry and icing sugar to dust at the end.

Mince Pie Recipe 
My ready rolled pastry didn't really roll.. so I just pulled it out of the packet and rolled it myself onto some flour to stop it sticking. I then cut some circles for the bottom of the mince pie, and some star shapes for the top.

Mince Pie Recipe

I placed my circle pastry bottoms into a greased muffin tray, and filled each one with a teaspoon of mincemeat before popping the star shaped top on top.

Mince Pie Recipe

I then did this for the next 12 holes until my tray was full of yummy mince pies.

Mince Pie Recipe 

Mince Pie Recipe

I baked them in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes until they started to go golden. They rose a little bit, but they still tasted fabulous.

Mince Pie Recipe
  

Mince Pie Recipe

I can't believe how quick and simple these are to make, I served mine with whipped cream and ate them straight from the oven.

Mince Pie Recipe

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Lifestyle and Beauty Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig