Sunday 22 March 2015

Gingerbread Raw Nak'd Bars - Recipe

I absolutely love nak'd bars. I am obsessed with them, this is my current stash and when I run out I will most likely be very sad. Until I decided to look at the ingredients and put my food processor to the test! I was unsure of the correct ratios so I sort of made it up a bit but they turned out amazing!

nak'd bar recipe

Ingredients:
4 pitted medjool dates
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almonds
1 cup pecans
Water

Raw nak'd bar recipe

I firstly ground the almonds and pecans until they were finely chopped. I wanted some texture to my bars so didn't completely grind these to a powder.

Raw nak'd bar recipe

I then added the dates, the ginger and cinnamon and a teaspoon of water and blitzed everything together until it formed a sticky paste.

Raw nak'd bar recipe

When the paste had formed, I took it out of the food processor and pressed it into a lined baking tray. I then put this in the freezer for 20 minutes to set, then chopped into bars. this made approx 10 mini bars. I didn't even get a chance to get a photo of the finished product because these went down so well in my house! Apart from being a bit more crumbly than your average nak'd bar these tasted spot on. Perhaps I will add more dates next time to help them stick a bit better.

Raw nak'd bar recipe

I can't wait to experiment with other flavours! What's your favourite nak'd bar? Will you be making your own version?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Lifestyle and Beauty Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig