Wednesday 20 May 2015

Bootea Teatox* - Review and Results

When I was offered the chance to be a Holland and Barrett Good Life Insider I couldn't wait to trial some of the products I was kindly sent. One of the items I was most excited about was the Bootea 14 day Teatox, available for £19.99.

Bootea Teatox

I've heard so many good things about this and seen so many celebrities promoting it and I really wanted to try it for myself. I was a bit worried as I heard if you are on the contraceptive pill you need to be careful when you take it as the 'flushing effects' can make your pill less effective. It is best to take your pill in the evening to give it a good 8 hours to sink in. This was probably the only thing that scared me about doing this teatox - oh any maybe the laxative effects!

Bootea Teatox

Anyway, the concept of this 2 week detox is you have one morning cleanse tea bag every day, then every other evening you take one of the bedtime cleanse tea bags. The morning tea bags weren't too bad and tasted a bit like a lemon green tea. As a lover of green tea, I found it easy to incorporate these into my morning routine as they taste quite similar and were a good substitute.

My cat also loved these. He kept trying to get the teabags, so something in them must be attracting him to them, I didn't see catnip on the ingredients list though!

Bootea Teatox

The evening tea bags weren't as nice, they were minty but also tasted a bit like grass but after a couple of days I got used to them and could drink them easier.

After day 1, I took my evening tea and waited for the laxative effects to kick in the next day, but nothing happened. Later on in the day my stomach really swelled, I wonder if this was part of the flushing effects but nothing came out.

So did they work? By the end of week 1 I still had experienced no laxative effects and actually gained 1.5lbs despite still keeping up a healthy diet and drinking lots of water.

After the whole 2 weeks was up I had actually gained 3lbs! Although I gained weight, I must admit that I did feel a lot less bloated, and even after a big meal my stomach remained flatter than usual. I took the Teatox during that "time of the month" and I did notice a difference in the fact I was a lot less bloated than usual. This could also be why I gained weight due to extra water weight.

It is recommended you eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water alongside this teatox and as I eat fairly healthily anyway I continued as normal, maybe that's why it didn't really work for me.

If you want to lose weight the best way is to eat healthy and exercise. There is no tea that can substitute that for you. I will also be trialing the Slendertox Tea to see if this has any effects on me so keep an eye out for that in the next couple of months.

*I was sent this product free of charge. I was not asked to review it and this is not a paid post. All opinions are my own. Please see my disclaimer for more information.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Lifestyle and Beauty Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig